Water Smart, a public awareness campaign for water conservation sponsored by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) and the Texas Water Development Board (TWBD) . Its message is simple: every citizen, no matter what age or where they live, has a personal responsibility to use water wisely.
The Water Smart Program has set simple but comprehensive goals:
- Increase awareness of the need for water conservation, during a drought and year-round.
- Avoid or postpone the need for mandatory water rationing when possible in dry areas of the state.
- Enable the public to participate in water conservation efforts both inside and outside the home.
- Leverage existing local water conservation efforts.
- Assemble local water utilities to carry out the first coordinated regional public information campaign on water conservation and water supply issues.
Spring Creek Utility District is proud to be a partner in the Water Smart Program and is a regular participant in public awareness campaign.